Send via SMS

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

An average day in development

I thought I would give you all a glimpse into the daily life of development in Ilyrias.

For me, the CTO, my day starts off around 6am. After starting the coffee, I'll read through the forums as I wake up. The last few days the forums have been extremely busy, which really helps motivate us to work harder.

After voting I get to work on my current project. Right now I'm putting the finishing touches on our in game text editor. Today I'll add in some convenience features, such as copy and paste, to make it more like a real editor. I would LOVE to add in spell checking, but right now it's just not worth the effort. Something I've added to my list of things to do once Ilyrias is up and running.

Around noon I get ready to head out to my day job, which I'll be at until around 9pm. When I return home I spend a couple hours on the forums and look over what I plan to do in the morning. It's a fairly long day, but a routine that I've gotten used to doing. I personally can't wait to have the game up for players, and see if all the hard work was worth it... I'm sure it will be.

Well, that's a brief thing about me and what I'm doing every day. I probably won't make more "pointless" posts about myself in the future.

----
Persistent Realms LLC Development Team for Ilyrias, the Aegadian Isles.
Contact us via comments or visit our forums.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home